What is IPAS?
IPAS - Independent Productions and Aviation Services - is a business that has two disparate, but complementary, aims: To produce creative communications in the form of fine art, portraiture, technical drawings, publications, audio/visual presentations, keynote speaking and associated jobs; and secondly, to provide aviation services in the form of aviation training, aviation consultancy and contract piloting of helicopters and aeroplanes.
Conway Bown is the director and comes with a wealth of experience as outlined in his resume below.
To see more, visit his
● Oversaw and managed Army's social media online
● Created procedures in accordance with policy, provide training and governance to ensure compliance with Commonwealth legislation and Defence procedures. (Archives Act, Copyright Act, FOI Act, DFD Act, Departmental Policy, etc)
● Propagate Army's strategic and tactical messaging.
● Research and create new content, add graphic design components, post and moderate on Army's social media accounts.
● Oversee 120+ social media accounts across Army.
● Conduct investigations into online issues relevant to Army's communications strategies.
● Oversee and manage Army's web presence and coordinate govCMS/Drupal management.
● Write for, edit and approve Army's newspaper, 'Army News' in cooperation with APS editorial staff.
● Review, edit captions, provide caption context, administer for operational security and reputation for all images released by Army to the general public.
● Oversee and coordinate Army Military Camera Team domestic and international operations.
Aviation consultancy and training organisation /
art and desktop production
● Contract piloting (Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing)
● Air Transport Pilot Licence (RW) / Commercial Pilot Licence (FW)
● Facilitator in Crew Resource Management training
● Provider of CRM/Work Safely Around Aircraft training to government organisations and allied organisations
For more information go to http://www.ipas.com.au/pages/Page_Aviation_Services.shtml
● Charter pilot FW/RW
ART and PRODUCTION:
● Military and Fine Artist
● Portrait Artist
● Commission Artist
● Graphic Designer
● Editor/Writer of training manuals
● Oversaw and coordinated operations of the
Army's Airmobile regiment operating CH-47 Chinook and MRH90 Taipan
● Managed a team of specialist operations personnel in aviation operations, logistics, information systems.
● Coordinated activities of unit personnel on operations and exercises and supported squadron commanders in achieving their training aims.
● Coordinated activities of unit personnel in support of ADF operations domestically and internationally
● Liaised with external agencies and Services in the conduct of operations.
● Provided Risk Management and associated WHS advice and policy for aviation operations.
● Provided Aviation Safety oversight of an
airmobile regiment answering to the Commanding Officer and the Force
Preservation Cell at higher headquarters.
● Oversight of safety reporting system for aviation activities
● Oversight of ground safety reporting system for non-aviation military activities
● Training in Crew Resource Management and Aviation Risk Management
● Conducted safety training and safety exercises
● Oversee Emergency Control Organisation for the regiment
● Liaise with key stakeholders to facilitate safety goals and activities
● Oversight of safety training selection
● Commissioned by Chief of Air Force to record
events of RAAF's experience in the Afghanistan War for RAAF Official Art
● Commenced work whilst working as a 'Drone' pilot on exchange with RAAF in Afghanistan and completed works in my studio in Australia
● Commissioned by RAAF to paint the official portrait of Air Chief Marshall Geoff Brown, AO.
● Trained and deployed as an Air Vehicle Operator
(Pilot) of the Heron Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Drone) on attachment with the
● Employed the Unmanned Aircraft in the gathering of visual and electronic intelligence.
● Coordinated and worked with a multi-skilled team in obtaining intelligence and distributing it to coalition personnel.
● Ensured all safety and risk management systems were implemented to ensure mission success including the monitoring of the aircraft's position within four dimensions and deconflicting with friendly aircraft in a busy airspace environment.
● Ensured the safety of the aircraft which was prone to the vagaries of weather, in particular high winds and icing.
● HUET instructor on contract/on call
● Contracted CRM trainer for RHO Aviation Training Services
● Appointed by Chief of Army, Lieutenant General
Peter Leahy, as the Australian Army's first uniformed Official War Artist
since the Korean War.
● Deployed to Middle East with Australian Army History Unit to record a contemporary experience of war as seen through the eyes of a currently serving officer of The Australian Army.
● Conducted contract powerline patrol work and also provided CRM training for the organisation on an as required basis on contract and as a stand-by pilot in Townsville for operations in North Queensland.
● Helped establish and manage the Rapid Response
Helicopter base and capability for Helicopters (Australia) in the NT.
● Oversaw CRM and Crew Training for Australian Customs Service personnel as Mission Crew on the RRH Contract
● Base Manager - Rapid Response Helicopter for Australian Customs Service contract
● Senior Base Pilot - Rapid Response Helicopter for Australian Customs Service contract
● Conducted single pilot EMS in Torres Strait
where duties included:
● training paramedics in aviation safety;
● conducting hands-on assistance to patient recovery (as the EMS aircraft did not have an
aircrewman, only a Paramedic) and also
● conducted charter operations in the Torres Strait.
● Army Sikorsky S-70A-9 Black Hawk helicopter
● Army Boeing CH-47D Chinook helicopter pilot
● Army Unit Maintenance Test Pilot
● Squadron 2IC / Squadron Operations Officer.
● Unit historian
● Offiicial Army War Artist for the Australian Army 2006 to 2010
● Restaurant Waiter
● Restaurant Captain
● Assistant Manager
● Assistant Graphic Designer
● Managed Fine Art Prints and Artists Supplies for A&R (Swains)